Thursday, July 8, 2010

Things that make you go...hmmm

New Mexico...breathtaking skies...
this pic taken about 5 mins from where I now live.

I'm thinking about the choices before me and wondering which path will lead me in the direction I want to be heading.

Hmmm...so I'm mulling over this statement..."If you don't go out on the limb you'll never get the fruit"...a bit of advice Spoken Word artist Taalam Acey passes down from his mother to whomever will listen...listen up! (an interview posted on his blog)

The question was put to him by Greatness magazine about why he left the world of business to pursue his passion for Spoken Word. He says "you can live your life and never take the chances and you'll end up regretting it", speaking to the reason he was willing to take the risk and leave a secure financial situation and strike out into what was initially for him "somewhat of an unknown". Taalam says he knew from the first time he saw Spoken Word that was his "calling (my words)".

Though, at times, his words may sting, I've been taken by his passion and audacity ever since I first heard "There's a market for ni$$as" on Famecast back in 2007.

Here's another intense piece by Taalam...the man loves what he does! I had the chance to hear him "live" in Scottsdale a couple years ago. It was definitely a memorable event. I remember the chills that I felt watching him connect to his audience. Spoken Word is Talaam's gift and he is busy sowing the seeds of his fruit.

No comments: