Thursday, July 1, 2010

Moving to New Mexico

Durango Juvenile Detention Facility 2010

GOODBYE DURANGO...ten + years of memories.
I am so thankful for all the opportunities I had to work with so many talented young people in a variety of capacities. And I had the pleasure to work with such a diverse group of co-workers...good times Durango family! I'm thinking of you...and just want to say, "Stay safe! Stay sane! Your skills and abilities are abundant-may they be used!"

My last home in Arizona...Yvonne's garden oasis in Glendale-
home of the delicious Cerreta's Fine Chocolates!

GOODBYE PHOENIX, ARIZONA...my home for twenty years.

Over those twenty years I met and spent lots of time with so many interesting people-children and adults. And Phoenix will always hold a special place in my heart...particularly because it is the birthplace of Laura, my (birth)daughter and my mom's favorite place to be. But the HEAT...ahhh the HEAT!! I just did not want to survive another summer in the desert heat! Arizona is such a beautiful state and I know I will go back often, not only to visit family and friends, but also to visit the breathtaking scenery.

And so...here I am (67 days into my transitional phase)
in Albuquerque, New Mexico
...about 7 hours from Phoenix and only 4.5 hours from Show Low =).
Just taking it all in and finally getting to a place
where my head and equilibrium has stopped spinning from all the changes.
Albuquerque is a mountain community
with the diversity of an urban setting.
I enjoy the artsy mountain culture here,
the weather (daytime-90s and nighttime 60-70s) in the summer,
and the landscape celebration.
So many places to hike, walk, explore and just "be" in the outdoors.

An overlook at the surrounding area from the Sandia Peaks
which are situated on the east side of Albuquerque...my new home.

No comments: