Sunday, January 4, 2009

Still recuperating...

Home again, but starting to feel better. Yuck! I hate this sick, laid up stuff. I feel like I haven't been myself since my surgery in October. It definitely gives me more empathy for those who face chronic health problems, as I have been seriously blessed with good health for the majority of my life.

Staying home gave me the opportunity to watch the NBC show 'Superstars of Dance'. This is a global competition of dance stars. I'm not necessarily interested in who wins, but it is fantastic to watch dancing styles from so many cultures. The countries competing on the show are Argentina, India, Australia, South Africa, USA, Ireland, Russia, and China. The first show aired tonight and continues tomorrow (Monday 01/05/08) 7pm central time.

I thought it would be interesting to include dance videos from various countries/cultures in my posts throughout the next week leading up to my birthday. Maybe someday I will take up dance lessons myself once I can get my knees back into shape. I don't know if that is realistic or not. Honestly I would just settle for being able to hike.

Either way I love dance of almost any form. According to 'You Tube' these dancers are from Georgia. This is not a country involved in the competion, but I plan to include videos from around the globe. Watching the various dance routines tonight, I couldn't help but think "Whoa!..not with my knees!". What these Georgia dancers are capable of executing...well it is down right amazing! This particular dance is high energy!! Watching this dance, I can't help but wonder if knee surgery is common in Georgia. :)


(As I'm not sure how long the video is allowed to be shown on my blog, I'm including the link to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCSsap5_luw&feature=related)

No comments: