Saturday, January 10, 2009

Makes me smile...

Something that makes me smile...

This is a music video of a duet-Vanessa Williams and Chayanne singing and dancing, showing bits and pieces of their 1998 movie, "Dance With Me". The video is fair quality, but the music is maravilloso.

I briefly mentioned Chayanne in my last post. Since I've been thinking about and looking for dancing videos this week, "Dance With Me" came to mind. I decided to post a bit of info about Chayanne, since this movie and his role in it hold a special place in my heart.
His official website: http://www.chayanne.net/
Chayanne (06/28/28) is a Latin pop singer. He was born in Puerto Rico and his family moved to the states when he was a babe. He began his music career in the late 70s with 'Los Chicos' and went solo in 1984. He has released twenty (?) albums to date. He is married and he and his wife have two children. I was hooked after watching him in "Dance with Me". The character he played, Rafael Infante, lives in Cuba and after experiencing the death of his mother, he discovers information about his biological father. He writes the man about his mother's death and asks for a job. The man played by Kris Kristofferson, does not know he is Rafael's father. He owns a dance studio in Texas and allows Rafael to come work for him. The movie centers around the "goings on" at the dance studio and preparation for an upcoming dance competition. It is a story about discovery of self, family and love. It is one of those "feel good" movies-funny, romantic and heartwarming with lots of music and dancing! Chayanne's role as Rafael depicts a man who has integrity, courage, and passion. It's more than just the looks, it's the aura, sensitivity of this man, that is so captivating. I'm not really into the whole hollywood/music star "thing", but thinking about the movie and his role in it makes me smile. It's my birthday, hence this post.

The video below that I chose also to download is quite sad, but I think it again portrays the tender side of Chayanne. Tenderness in a man makes just about any woman smile :)

Sentada Aqui En Mi Alma (Sitting Here in my Soul)
...one of his videos...


The link: http://music.aol.com/video/chayanne-sentada-aqui-en-mi-alma/chayanne/1131339




Oh and by the way...the Cardinals won their game against the North Carolina Panthers...Cardinals 33 - Panthers 13. So they continue to advance in the playoffs. Believe it or not I could hear fireworks going off after the game. Cardinal fans in Glendale (and the Valley of the Sun from the news coverage) are going wild and crazy with excitement!!

No comments: