Saturday, November 13, 2010

Vestiges of Fall fading fast...

Yes! Yesterday Omaha, Nebraska
received the first snow of this winter season!

So this is me...just reminiscing
about what's soon to be a distant memory.
Pumpkin carvings extraordinaire!
What my room mates do with their spare time!
Really!! These pumpkin carvings were amazing!
My camera could not do them justice at all!

Placed strategically on the porch Halloween night,
the pumkins delighted the "costume partiers".

I don't usually don't "do Halloween" but I was home alone
and left with explicit instructions by my two room mates
to "pass out the candy!"
So I did as I was told, since they weren't yet home
(...conveniently, or so I thought).

What amazed me was that I heard only one
"costumed character" utter the words "trick or treat".
I'm thinking that "trick or treat" is out
and just "being cute or scary-seen but speechless" must be in.

Things that make you go hmmm..
.-in more ways than one!

It's amazing what people (alive or dead)
will find to do with their spare time.

According to my brother, OJ...I guess Utica was visited by
a lone zombie on Halloween
walking the streets after dark,
witnessed by many, scared the heck out of some.
(Identity still unknown,
but then I'm thinking it's not unusual for zombies
to remain anonymous)

Oooo...CREEPY!

No comments: