Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm back and so thankful!!

Wow! I am so glad to be back on-line! Just had knee surgery 10-22, ACL, menicus and therefore I have been forced to watch TV for 4 days straight. Except for a few good movies and watching the World Series, what a drag it was! But I finally figured out how to rig my computer so that I could access it and still keep my leg elevated. I think my ortho doc would have had a coronary if he could have witnessed this undertaking. Really tho...i am much better mentally because of it!!! And we all know that mental health is crucial to a speedy recovery. Anyway what he doesn't know won't hurt him...lol.

Even with all the TV watching, I feel like I've kinda lost touch with the world. I'm currently listening to an audiobook by Donald Miller-Searching For God Knows What. It is forcing me to think again about my relationships. Miller also pinpointed this topic in his book, Blue like Jazz, which is one of my all time faves. I may not agree with every point Miller makes, but i can listen to what he says about God, Jesus, and Christianity without shutting down. I really appreciate him and Relevant magazine. You can check them out at http://www.donaldmillerwords.com/ and http://relevantmagazine.com/.

So since I'm off work for the next 10 days, it would be good to put effort into renewing contact with those who matter most. I really have no excuse now that I've been rescued from the tv snatchers...lol.

No comments: