Monday, October 6, 2008

Be a part of the solution

You have/had until October 6, 2008 at midnight to register to vote...hopefully you will be a part of the solution. Vote on Nov 4th! Finding out about polling places is easy as accessing a search engine and the push of a button. Ahhh...the internet is a plethera of information!!! There are so many sites and blogs to visit regarding the presidential campaign.

I have to say this quick...I was ABSOLUTELY AMAZED to see the enthusiasm of the young regarding this campaign. I am writing of the young people in detention. Believe it or not they are hungry for information on the campaign, watching and listening and expressing their own opinions. I can't help but wonder, if Obama is the reason these youngsters are so excited, as most of the young people in detention face poverty and prejudice everyday on "the outs", and now, finally, they feel like they have someone campaigning for president who may be able to relate to them in some way?! Just wait until they can vote!! I can only hope they will and that they will make informed decisions.

It is easiest to listen to only one side's "rhetoric and spin" and takes more time and open-minded consideration to look into what's said and why. I'm working on being more open-minded in my life in general. It is disconcerting to some, but oh well...I refuse to continue to be spoon fed and there is no longer an excuse to not seek out the information available on all sides. I recently watched another of Michael Moore's films, Farenheit 911. Anyway I was amazed (the aha light! came on) regarding some of the information in the film, but I do plan to do my own research on the info Moore puts forth. We really have no excuse for ignorance in this day and age with access to information at our fingertips. No excuse!!

I say be a part of the solution! I had considered that I should be a part of the drive to get people registered to vote, but did not do it this year...too many other iron's in the fire. I want to help out with registering people to vote, at least, at the next election. I wasn't ready this year to campaign for either presidential canidate either. They both have the ups and downs, pluses and minuses, and I am still undecided (somewhat). But I do plan to be an informed voter this year!

I know that no president is perfect and that no president is an island in and of himself. It really comes down to his leadership skills, people skills, management skills, and decision-making skills, along with all the leaders he appoints/chooses for his administration. Whoever gets in for the next 4 years has a "hell of a lot of work" ahead of them. Wow! What the next president will be able to accomplish will have alot to do with focus...focus...focus! Focus on too many things and nothing will most likely take place. It will be up to the next president to pick a focus and stick to it...seeing it through to completion.

For those of us who do vote...be open-minded and informed! If you choose not to vote...just don't complain..stop with the victim stance already! But don't expect the world to improve if you have your head stuck in the sand! Get involved in the world around you in the ways you can...like is often said "each one teach one...each one reach one".

No comments: